Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Troy Collinsworth <tr...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/27 14:58:20 UTC

Need company to support Cassandra on Windows

Searching for a well established company that can provide consulting and
operations support for private multi-dc production Cassandra cluster on
Windows OS. New project. OS is hosting mandate.

Troy Collinsworth
585-576-8761

Re: Need company to support Cassandra on Windows

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Troy Collinsworth <
troycollinsworth@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was in discussions with Datastax to license DSE/support, however I was
> told Windows won't be production supported by Datastax by Jan-Mar. If no
> company supports Cassandra on Windows in production, especially Datastax,
> then it's hard to rationalize that it's ready or can/should be relied on in
> production.

Plenty of use cases for open source software exist when there is no company
that supports the software at all. "Production ready" is undefinable in the
abstract.

Now if you're asking if I personally would run Cassandra on Windows in
production... I probably would only do so after establishing to my
satisfaction that it worked with the kind of workloads I expected it to
receive. But I am a relatively cautious operator, and do not have a
requirement to run on Windows...

=Rob

Re: Need company to support Cassandra on Windows

Posted by Troy Collinsworth <tr...@gmail.com>.
I was in discussions with Datastax to license DSE/support, however I was
told Windows won't be production supported by Datastax by Jan-Mar. If no
company supports Cassandra on Windows in production, especially Datastax,
then it's hard to rationalize that it's ready or can/should be relied on in
production.

Troy

Posted by Phil Bayliss <ph...@datastax.com>.

Posted by Kai Wang <de...@gmail.com>.
I would start with DataStax. In this year's summit keynote Jonathan Ellis
said C* would start receiving production level support on Windows.

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Troy Collinsworth <
troycollinsworth@gmail.com> wrote:

> Searching for a well established company that can provide consulting and
> operations support for private multi-dc production Cassandra cluster on
> Windows OS. New project. OS is hosting mandate.
>
> Troy Collinsworth
> 585-576-8761

RE: Need company to support Cassandra on Windows

Posted by SE...@homedepot.com.
I highly recommend DataStax support, although we have not done Windows. They are in a growth phase, so I expect there will be growing pains with support. However, they have some top notch folks in place.

Sean Durity – Lead Cassandra Admin
Searching for a well established company that can provide consulting and operations support for private multi-dc production Cassandra cluster on Windows OS. New project. OS is hosting mandate.

Troy Collinsworth
585-576-8761

The information in this Internet Email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this Email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing The Home Depot terms of business or client engagement letter. The Home Depot disclaims all responsibility and liability for the accuracy and content of this attachment and for any damages or losses arising from any inaccuracies, errors, viruses, e.g., worms, trojan horses, etc., or other items of a destructive nature, which may be contained in this attachment and shall not be liable for direct, indirect, consequential or special damages in connection with this e-mail message or its attachment.