Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Dean Hiller <de...@xsoftware.biz> on 2005/09/08 04:51:40 UTC

checking in ant/maven

As an example of what I meant to make the builds easier....check out
this project
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mocklib

To build it, you just run build.bat(ant is hidden behind that and
developers do not need to install ant!!!)

it builds without any problems on any JVM.  Behind the build.bat, ant is
included.  If I upgrade the project to use a later version of ant, every
developer who uses this will not even flinch(unless they build it using
their own ant which they do at their own risk sometimes.....but
build.bat always works!)

Anyways, just an idea and an opinion that this would be nice if axis had
something similar.
thanks,
dean

Re: checking in ant/maven

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Dean Hiller wrote:
> why do you need a patched copy of their batch files?  you lost me
> there.  you may be right, I may just not have enough understanding there.
> thanks,
> dean

look at ant.bat. It goes straight to ANT_HOME if defined. If you want a
private copy of ant, you need a new version of ant.bat, with a new
notion of "home". And give it a new name other than ant.bat, as that
really irritates the ant team if you modify your own private ant.bat and
do wierd things with. In this weeks bad book for doing just that: Bea
weblogic 9.0.

Re: checking in ant/maven

Posted by Dean Hiller <de...@xsoftware.biz>.

Re: checking in ant/maven