Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp> on 2014/02/18 00:35:28 UTC

Porting MapReduce document to trunk

Hi developers,

I found several MapReduce documents such as MapReduce tutorial,
Hadoop Streaming, Hadoop Archives, and DistCp are not ported to
trunk. I created some patches for porting them.

* MAPREDUCE-5636
* MAPREDUCE-5637
* MAPREDUCE-5638
* MAPREDUCE-5639

Now newcomers have to refer branch-1 documents, including
deprecated expressions such as "JobTracker" and "TaskTracker",
for writing your own MapReduce jobs.
I will appreciate your reviews!

Thanks,
Akira

Re: Porting MapReduce document to trunk

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
I compiled the documents with the porting patches and uploaded them to

  http://aajisaka.github.io/hadoop-project/ .

I'll appreciate the patches will be reviewed and finally merged in.

Thanks,
Akira