Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/01 15:44:37 UTC

[DISCUSS] Master branch 0.10.0 or 1.0.0?

Devs,

As part of the moving 0.9.x line to a branch, should we call the new line
that supports hadoop 3.x 0.10.x or 1.0.x?

Moving to 1.x caries with it a certain connotation of being stable, but I
wanted to reach out to the community to get a feel for what people are
thinking for the next release line naming scheme.

jeagles

Re: [DISCUSS] Master branch 0.10.0 or 1.0.0?

Posted by Eric Wohlstadter <wo...@cs.ubc.ca>.
Using 0.10.0 for the next version sounds good to me.
That would get us to a baseline for different branches on Hadoop3 and
Hadoop2.
Once that is squared away, we would have more time to discuss what people
think should be included in a 1.0.

Maybe something like?

Hadoop2: 0.9.1 -> 0.9.2   -> 0.9.3 -> 0.9.4 -> ...
Hadoop3:     \----> 0.10.0 -> 1.0     -> 1.1    -> ...

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.