Posted to user@commons.apache.org by da...@baloise.ch on 2007/10/23 07:22:51 UTC

SCXML

Hi threre,

I'd like to know the state of SCXML: is it still under developement or is
it dead? Anyone an idea about when we can expect a 1.0 version?

Many thanx

Dan

Disclaimer: The contents of this email and any attachment thereto are intended exclusively for the attention of the addressee(s).
The email and any such attachment(s) may contain information that is confidential and protected on the strength of professional,
official or business secrecy laws and regulations or contractual obligations. Should you have received this email by mistake,
you may neither make use of nor divulge the contents of the email or of any attachment thereto. In such a case,
please inform the email's sender and delete the message and all attachments without delay from your systems.
You can find our e-mail disclaimer statement in other languages under http://www.baloise.ch/email_disclaimer

Re: SCXML

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 10/23/07, daniel.lipp@baloise.ch <da...@baloise.ch> wrote:
> Hi threre,
>
> I'd like to know the state of SCXML: is it still under developement or is
> it dead? Anyone an idea about when we can expect a 1.0 version?

<snip/>

The 0.x release version numbers so far are meant to signify that the
W3C specification is a Working Draft. The library's core APIs are
quite stable, and gratuitous changes are not anticipated in v1.0. The
initial thinking was to aim for a v1.0 sometime after the spec goes
candidate rec, and that still holds.

Development has slowed down, and understandably so, since we are
mostly at par with the latest draft (mostly since we exclude some
optional bits). Obviously, this may change as newer drafts appear. For
now, usual code housekeeping should continue, with the intent of
proposing the bits for the next release (v0.7) in a couple of months.

-Rahul