Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Raghavendra Kristam <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/16 12:11:35 UTC

Latest linux version of Jmeter

Hi,

Please point me the location of latest linux version
of Jmeter.

Thanks,
Raghavendra.

Re: Latest linux version of Jmeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The JMeter GUI cannot be run if the JVM is running headless, i.e.
without a display.

This will be true of all Java GUI programs.

However, you can run JMeter in non-GUI mode:

jmeter -n -t testplan.jmx -l testplan.jtl

which should hopefully run headless (though I've not tried this).

Setting up Java/Linux so that Java GUIs work is really a question for
the appropriate Linux forum.

Posted by Ivan Rancati <iv...@sharpmind.de>.

a) are you running in a machine with X?
- please provide some more information on this I am
not clear with this line.

b) Perhaps you don't intend to run the jmeter UI? try
 ./jmeter -?

Getting same errors

# ./jmeter
java.awt.HeadlessException:
No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program
performed an operation which requires it.

With the default setup of some Linux distributions (for example Ubuntu and
Debian) you cannot run graphical (i.e. X Server) applications if you're user
root.
>From the "#" it appears that you are root. Can you try to run as a normal
user?

Re: Latest linux version of Jmeter

Posted by Raghavendra Kristam <ra...@yahoo.com>.
After setting the DISPLAY variable I am able to view
the Jmeter UI.

Thanks alot.

Regards,

Posted by git <gi...@cubicalland.com>.

Posted by Raghavendra Kristam <ra...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwmotloc.com>.

Posted by Raghavendra Kristam <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Team,

Posted by git <gi...@cubicalland.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raghavendra Kristam <ra...@yahoo.com>.
[...]

   at gnu.gcj.runtime.FirstThread.run()
(/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
   at _Jv_ThreadRun(java.lang.Thread)
(/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
   at _Jv_RunMain(java.lang.Class, byte const, int,
byte const, boolean) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
   at __gcj_personality_v0
(/opt/tomcat/jakarta-jmeter-2.2/bin/java.version=1.4.2)
   at __libc_start_main (/lib/tls/libc-2.3.4.so)
   at _Jv_RegisterClasses

Posted by git <gi...@cubicalland.com>.
OK, good point!

Posted by Raghavendra Kristam <ra...@yahoo.com>.