Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Leandro Carvalho <le...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/04 15:18:51 UTC

Java heap space with files >30MB

Hi all,

Sorry if this is already an old subject, i really tried to search solutions
about it, but always saying to increase my JVM memory allocation, convert my
XLS files to CSV or even limit the size of my documents. None of them are
doable in my current project.

Really simple code:
HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook(new POIFSFileSystem(new
FileInputStream("c:/plan1.xls")));

Where this "plan1.xls" has more then 30MB (actually my goal is something
like 200MB).
And i want to import the content to some database.

Can it be done?

I also tried the XLS2CSVmra.class, but got another Java heap space
excpetion.

Thank you in advance.

--
Leandro Carvalho

Re: Java heap space with files >30MB

Posted by MSB <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
Take a look at the event api;

http://poi.apache.org/spreadsheet/how-to.html#event_api

I have not used it myself but I do understand from reading messages on this
list that many users have processed large files using these techniques
successfully.

Yours

Mark B