Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Ruggero Manzoni <ru...@yahoo.it> on 2001/11/18 17:04:54 UTC

about asp exe

Hi,
I'am tring to use the asp program to test some *.asp
files,
but I don't understand how to pas parameters to the
program.
I tried :
 ./asp somefile.asp user=xxx pass=xxx
and also :
  ./asp somefile.asp user xxx pass xxx
and it doesn't work.
I'am sorry but I don't understand the help on the asp
exe.
Can someone give me an example how to pass parameters?
Thanks
Ruggero

Re: about asp exe

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Ruggero Manzoni wrote:

> Hi,
> I'am tring to use the asp program to test some *.asp
> files,
> but I don't understand how to pas parameters to the
> program.
> I tried :
>  ./asp somefile.asp user=xxx pass=xxx
> and also :
>   ./asp somefile.asp user xxx pass xxx
> and it doesn't work.
> I'am sorry but I don't understand the help on the asp
> exe.

Try without the = between the args:

]# cat test_asp_command.asp
<%
 print Data::Dumper::Dumper( $Request->QueryString );
%>

TEST DONE

]# asp test_asp_command.asp hi there

$VAR1 = bless( {
                 'hi' => 'there'
               }, 'Apache::ASP::Collection' );

TEST DONE

I'll clarify the asp --help with this help text for the next release:

The @arguments will be written as space separated
words, and will be initialized as an associate array where
%arguments = @arguments.  As an example:

 asp file.asp key1 value1 key2 value2

would be similar to calling the file.asp in a web environment like

 /file.asp?key1=value1&key2=value2

--Josh