Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/12 16:53:51 UTC

TomEE/OpenEJB manage @EJB's different in @Stateless EJB versus JSF/CDI managed bean

There is some type of difference between how TomEE/OpenEJB ('container')
manages @EJB's within @Stateless EJB and CDI/JSF managed bean.

What is the difference?

Since my CDI managed beans update many many tables via multiple @EJB's just
fine, on a single enduser (http) request, concurrently when multiple users
are logged in (seamlessly and never returning any database lock messages),
then I'm going to move most of the code out of this @Stateless EJB into a
CDI @RequestScoped bean.

I hope that will make a difference for some batch processing that I need to
do 'while' endusers are logged in (preferably)... or maybe this is just not
possible at all... on a 32-bit (4GB RAM) platform and JVM.  :(

Re: TomEE/OpenEJB manage @EJB's different in @Stateless EJB versus JSF/CDI managed bean

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
Okay, thanks for that response.

I'll go ahead with my plans (that I mentioned in my previous/original email
on this topic).

thanks.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/