Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2002/05/04 23:07:23 UTC

Upcoming Tomcat 4.x releases

- As voted last week, Apache Tomcat 4.0.4 Beta 3 will be released on 5/6 or
5/7. The plan is to try to follow with a 4.0.4 Final within two weeks.
- The Apache Tomcat 4.1.1 milestone will be released between 5/6 amd 5/8,
and will be "feature complete" (by that, I mean the admin webapp is feature
complete, mostly ;-) ). I hope it will be stable enough to be considered a
beta. Most of the new components seem to be working very well so far (Jasper
2, Coyote).

Comments ?

Remy

Re: Upcoming Tomcat 4.x releases

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> - As voted last week, Apache Tomcat 4.0.4 Beta 3 will be released on 5/6 or
> 5/7. The plan is to try to follow with a 4.0.4 Final within two weeks.
> - The Apache Tomcat 4.1.1 milestone will be released between 5/6 amd 5/8,
> and will be "feature complete" (by that, I mean the admin webapp is feature
> complete, mostly ;-) ). I hope it will be stable enough to be considered a
> beta. Most of the new components seem to be working very well so far (Jasper
> 2, Coyote).
>
> Comments ?

I would like to make sure the jasper 2 feature which does background
compilation and provides support for recompiling if compile time includes
are changes is part of the release.

I hope to make the commits by Monday which implement this.

Thanks,

Glenn