Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by pa...@targetgroup.net on 2008/12/09 13:37:53 UTC

IvyDE retrieve problems

I have a couple of issues with the latest build of the IvyDE (checked out
and built today)

a) No retrieve occurs after the resolve

This is a pretty serious one - is there anything I can do to troubleshoot
this (turn on debug, post configs etc) ?

b)  if you hover over configurations or types on the IvyDE managed
libraries diallog, retrieve tag "example" is spelt "exemple"

Target
www.targetgroup.net

Target is a trading name of Target Group Limited,
registered in England and Wales No. 1208137
Registered office:  Target House, Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff CF11 9AU

DISCLAIMER.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or take any action or reliance upon it.
The content of this message may also contain personal
views of an employee of this company and does
not necessarily represent the view of the company.
This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-Virus.
It has also been scanned by MAILsweeper to enforce our e-mail
policy. If you have any concerns or comments about the content
of this message, please  e-mail support@targetgroup.net.

http://www.messagelabs.com

Re: IvyDE retrieve problems

Posted by pa...@targetgroup.net.

I cleared down everything, rebuilt from the trunk, re-installed and all OK.
Perhaps I had some old features or plugins in Eclipse.

All works now though, sorry about that.

Re: IvyDE retrieve problems

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
paul.newport@targetgroup.net a écrit :

> That could have possibly been the problem but I think not as I think the
> actual problem is this:
>
> If you have "Enable project specific settings" ticked on the "retrieve" tab
> of IvyDE Managed Libraries, it will only save the configurations and types
> field if "Enable project specific settings" has previously been checked on
> the "main" tab
>
> Once you have filled in these two fields on the retrieve tab it works, and
> it even still works when you untick "Enable project specific settings" on
> the main tag, so I think there is some linkage between the "Enable project
> specific settings" on the main tab and the retrieve tab, when there
> shoudln't be. (I'm guessing the tabs should be independent of each other).
>
> In the above scenario a "*" on the types field works fine, so I don't need
> to use "jar,source" instead.

As far I could test, I am not able to reproduce the issue your are
describing.
Are you sure you have the officially released version ? Look into the
global Ivy configuration panel: which IvyDE version is displayed ?
I remember I had this kind of issue, but it was during the development
of the new UI for the configuration panels. By any unluck are you still
running with an old trunk ?

Nicolas

Re: IvyDE retrieve problems

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
paul.newport@targetgroup.net a écrit :

> I've tried clearing down the cache to see if this made a difference and now
> if I tick the retrieve after resolve box I get:
>
> :: problems summary ::
> :::: ERRORS
>       Error while resolving dependencies for ivy.xml
> problem during retrieve of
> net.targetgroup#net.targetgroup.WebServiceClient:
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Report file
> 'c:\ivy2cache\net.targetgroup-net.targetgroup.WebServiceClient-compile.xml'
> does not exist.
>
> My ivy project is called
> c:\ivy2cache\net.targetgroup-net.targetgroup.WebServiceClient-compile.xml
>
> but I was trying to retrieve the "test" config.
>
> It looks like if you want to do a retrieve you have to tick all the the
> configurations that the config extends for it not to come up with this
> error.
>
> Clearing the cache still did not fix the problem with the retrieve though
> (still no jars copied).

I think I have found the bottom of the issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-137

could you confirm the workaround is working ?

cheers,
Nicolas

> Target
> www.targetgroup.net
>
> Target is a trading name of Target Group Limited,
> registered in England and Wales No. 1208137
> Registered office:  Target House, Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff CF11 9AU

> DISCLAIMER.
> This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may
> contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.
> If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
> distribute or take any action or reliance upon it.
> The content of this message may also contain personal
> views of an employee of this company and does
> not necessarily represent the view of the company.
> This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-Virus.
> It has also been scanned by MAILsweeper to enforce our e-mail
> policy. If you have any concerns or comments about the content
> of this message, please  e-mail support@targetgroup.net.

> http://www.messagelabs.com

Re: IvyDE retrieve problems

Posted by pa...@targetgroup.net.

I've tried clearing down the cache to see if this made a difference and now
if I tick the retrieve after resolve box I get:

:: problems summary ::
:::: ERRORS
      Error while resolving dependencies for ivy.xml
problem during retrieve of
net.targetgroup#net.targetgroup.WebServiceClient:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Report file
'c:\ivy2cache\net.targetgroup-net.targetgroup.WebServiceClient-compile.xml'
does not exist.

My ivy project is called
c:\ivy2cache\net.targetgroup-net.targetgroup.WebServiceClient-compile.xml

but I was trying to retrieve the "test" config.

It looks like if you want to do a retrieve you have to tick all the the
configurations that the config extends for it not to come up with this
error.

Clearing the cache still did not fix the problem with the retrieve though
(still no jars copied).

Target
www.targetgroup.net

Target is a trading name of Target Group Limited,
registered in England and Wales No. 1208137
Registered office:  Target House, Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff CF11 9AU

DISCLAIMER.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or take any action or reliance upon it.
The content of this message may also contain personal
views of an employee of this company and does
not necessarily represent the view of the company.
This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-Virus.
It has also been scanned by MAILsweeper to enforce our e-mail
policy. If you have any concerns or comments about the content
of this message, please  e-mail support@targetgroup.net.

http://www.messagelabs.com

Re: IvyDE retrieve problems

Posted by pa...@targetgroup.net.

1) Console Output

Here's what I do when I right click on ivy.ml[test] in the package view

report for
net.targetgroup#net.targetgroup.WebServiceClient;working@CD01571N test
produced in
c:\ivy2cache\net.targetgroup-net.targetgroup.WebServiceClient-test.xml
      :: evicted modules:
      org.springframework#org.springframework.core;2.5.5.A by
[org.springframework#org.springframework.core;2.5.6] in [test]
        in net.targetgroup#net.targetgroup.CommonSpringCore;1.0.0 with
latest-revision
      org.springframework#org.springframework.beans;2.5.5.A by
[org.springframework#org.springframework.beans;2.5.6] in [test]
        in net.targetgroup#net.targetgroup.CommonSpringCore;1.0.0 with
latest-revision
      org.springframework#org.springframework.context;2.5.5.A by
[org.springframework#org.springframework.context;2.5.6] in [test]
        in net.targetgroup#net.targetgroup.CommonSpringCore;1.0.0 with
latest-revision
      |                  |            modules            ||   artifacts   |
      |       conf       | number| search|dwnlded|evicted|| number|dwnlded|
      |       test       |   33  |   0   |   0   |   3   ||   88  |   0   |
      resolve done (125ms resolve - 63ms download)
:: retrieving :: net.targetgroup#net.targetgroup.WebServiceClient [sync]
      checkUpToDate=true
      confs: [test]
      syncing...
      0 artifacts copied, 0 already retrieved (0kB/15ms)
      retrieve done (15ms)
      [NOT REQUIRED]
org.springframework#org.springframework.aop;2.5.6!org.springframework.aop.jar

2) IVYDE_CONTAINER setting

and here's the classpath entry:

<classpathentry kind="con" path=
"org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.cpcontainer.IVYDE_CONTAINER/?ivyXmlPath=ivy.xml&amp;confs=test&amp;doRetrieve=true&amp;retrievePattern=lib%2F%5Bartifact%5D-%5Brevision%5D.%5Bext%5D&amp;retrieveSync=true&amp;retrieveConfs=test&amp;retrieveTypes=*"
/>

The retrieve gets as far as deleting the lib directory that I am trying ot
retrieve into, but doesn't do the actual retrieve.

3) This is a project specific setting

4) Ivy.xml for completeness

<ivy-module version="2.0">
      <info organisation="net.acompany"
            module="net.acompany.WebServiceClient" status="integration" />

      <configurations>
            <conf name="compile" visibility="public" />
            <conf name="runtime" extends="compile" visibility="public" />
            <conf name="default" extends="runtime" visibility="public" />
            <conf name="test" extends="compile" visibility="private" />
      </configurations>

      <publications>
            <artifact />
      </publications>

      <dependencies>

            <dependency org="org.springframework" name=
"org.springframework.web" rev="2.5.6" conf="compile->compile" />
            <dependency org="javax.xml.rpc" name=
"com.springsource.javax.xml.rpc" rev="1.1.0" conf="compile->compile" />
            <dependency org="org.apache.axis" name=
"com.springsource.org.apache.axis" rev="1.4.0" conf="compile->compile" />
            <dependency org="javax.xml.soap" name=
"com.springsource.javax.xml.soap" rev="1.3.0"  conf="compile->compile" />
            <dependency org="javax.wsdl" name="com.springsource.javax.wsdl"
rev="1.6.1" conf="compile->compile"/>
            <dependency org="org.dom4j" name="com.springsource.org.dom4j"
rev="1.6.1" conf="compile->compile" />
            <dependency org="org.apache.log4j" name=
"com.springsource.org.apache.log4j" rev="1.2.15" />
            <dependency org="org.jdom" name="com.springsource.org.jdom"
rev="1.0.0" conf="compile->compile" />
            <dependency org="org.apache.commons" name=
"com.springsource.org.apache.commons.configuration" rev="1.5.0" conf=
"compile->compile"/>
            <!-- test only -->

            <dependency org="org.springframework" name=
"org.springframework.test" rev="2.5.6" conf="test->compile" />
            <dependency org="org.junit" name="com.springsource.org.junit"
rev="4.5.0" conf="test->runtime" />
            <dependency org="org.jmock" name="com.springsource.org.jmock"
rev="1.2.0" conf="test->runtime" />

      </dependencies>

</ivy-module>

5) The ivde created classpath entry is fine, and all my unit tests work OK,
but I want to retrieve to lib so I can run it stand alone (with no ivy
cache around)

Re: IvyDE retrieve problems

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
paul.newport@targetgroup.net a écrit :

> I have a couple of issues with the latest build of the IvyDE (checked out
> and built today)
>

> a) No retrieve occurs after the resolve
>
> This is a pretty serious one - is there anything I can do to troubleshoot
> this (turn on debug, post configs etc) ?

If the retrieve job is launched, you will get some information in the
Ivy console. Something like:
:: retrieving :: org.apache.ivyde#ivytest-retrieve-by-type [sync]
    checkUpToDate=false
    confs: [myconf]
    retrieving
/home/nicolasl/dev/ivy/svn/ivyde/trunk/test/retrieve-by-type/../fakerepo/myorg/mymodule/jars/mymodule-1.1.jar
/home/nicolasl/dev/ivy/svn/ivyde/trunk/test/retrieve-by-type/lib/mymodule-1.1.jar
    syncing...
    1 artifacts copied (0kB/1ms)
    retrieve done (1ms)

Do you use the global retrieve configuration, or the by project one ?
If you use the project specific configuration, could you give what's in
your .classpath ? I am specifically interested in the "classpathentry"
starting with "org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.cpcontainer.IVYDE_CONTAINER".

> b)  if you hover over configurations or types on the IvyDE managed
> libraries diallog, retrieve tag "example" is spelt "exemple"

good catch.
I fixed it.

Nicolas