Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by na...@reactor8.com on 2015/08/13 22:26:25 UTC

bigtop workshop/summit event in budapest

Hello Bigtoppers,

A few weeks back I started messaging some folks in Budapest about hosting a
pre-conference bigtop event for a mini summit/workshop day.  I got some
great response from a couple folks who said they can help with venue and
local promotion to the data science and big data meetup communities.  The
idea content and workshop lesson-wise will be to focus on what developers
can do with bigtop bits that have been built.  We are currently putting
together range of bigtop powered services for a customer and have those
assets open source and available for use for a "bigtop lab" learning
environment.

Still some details to figure out but looking like target day would be Friday
September 25th in the city, somewhere tbd..idea is to extend prototype
Bigtop day we did earlier in the year at the socal linux conference.

Wanted to get a sense of which bigtoppers will be heading out for the event
starting on the 28th, and what ability/interest you might have coming out a
couple days early and participating in the event.

As more details unfold will drop updates to the list and add content to the
shared event doc

Nate

Re: bigtop workshop/summit event in budapest

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I am yet to get my visa/flight arrangements, but I will try to get there
on/before 28th for the workshop.

Cos

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi Nate!

Same for me. Unfortunately will be arriving late Sunday.

Olaf

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Hi Nate!

Posted by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com>.
Hey Nate,

I already book my tickets, and unfortunately, I won't be there until Sunday
before the conference.

RJ