Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by "Geffert, Otfried" <ot...@desy.de> on 2020/04/03 15:41:06 UTC

no audio, no video for remote user - works only locally

Dear all,

I installed OpenMeetings 5.0.0-M3 on a fresh CentOS 7
following Alvaro Bustos detailed installation pdf.

Installation as such worked fine, :-)
Audio & video locally works fine.
I was suprised of the rich functionality.

But testing it with a colleague ( who has a Mac )
never gave us the audio and video of the other person -
even after one hour of poking around.

Locally it worked for him, he could see his picture and the adio level
was going up/down for him.
The same happened on my side :-(

I have no idea of what is wrong.
Can someone give a hint ?

Best regards,
Otfried

--
Otfried Geffert
Hard~ & Software Engineer @ DESYs CFEL theory group

Re: no audio, no video for remote user - works only locally

Posted by "Geffert, Otfried" <ot...@desy.de>.
Hi Alvaro,

I will try this now. Thanks !

Best,
Otfried

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.
...i have installed that mini tuto in pc-home behind
NAT and also in a VPS and both works right (Ubuntu 18.04)

Posted by "Geffert, Otfried" <ot...@desy.de>.
Sorry: NO NAT going on

Posted by "Geffert, Otfried" <ot...@desy.de>.
Hi Alvaro,

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Otfried,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Can you share MacOS version?

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: no audio, no video for remote user - works only locally

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
IMO restrictions should be added one-by-one, baby steps :))

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: no audio, no video for remote user - works only locally

Posted by "Geffert, Otfried" <ot...@desy.de>.
I can try to open all ports.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: no audio, no video for remote user - works only locally

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Real certificates are free these days :)

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: no audio, no video for remote user - works only locally

Posted by Konrad Schwarz <Ko...@FamilieSchwarz.eu>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Yep

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: no audio, no video for remote user - works only locally

Posted by "Geffert, Otfried" <ot...@desy.de>.
I guesss,

Posted by YUP <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Geffert, Otfried" <ot...@desy.de>.
Yes.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
any firewalls involved?

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: no audio, no video for remote user - works only locally

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.
...i mean:  turnserver.conf

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.

--