Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Jayaram Subramanian <rs...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/14 12:34:18 UTC

Derby-4509 related query

 Hi,
When i am trying to execute the following statements
s.executeUpdate("create table t1 (c1 int generated always as identity, name
char(32))");

s.executeUpdate("create table t2 (c2 int generated always as identity, name
char(32))");
s.executeUpdate("create trigger insert_trigger after insert on t1 for each
row");

The trigger statement gives me an <EOF> error at line 1,column 61.  Am i
missing something ?

With Regards
Jayaram

Re: Derby-4509 related query

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Jayaram,

It does not appear to me that the trigger fires any statement. After
specifying the row vs. statement behavior of the trigger, you need to
add a SQL statement which the trigger fires. The examples in the CREATE
TRIGGER section of the Reference Guide may be useful.

Hope this helps,
-Rick