Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Francisco Nogueira Calmon Sobral <fs...@igcorp.com.br> on 2013/09/12 15:48:55 UTC

Eternal HintedHandoffs

Hi all!

According to the DataStax blog (http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/modern-hinted-handoff), once the dead node is up again, all the nodes that have hints to the node start sending information. However, it is written that they verify at every 10 minutes if there were timed out hints.

Do they behave like that forever? Do I need to restart the nodes? I'm concerned, since the load of the nodes has (small) spikes at each 10 minutes...

I'm using Cassandra 1.2.1.

Regards,
Francisco.