Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by reno <re...@free.fr> on 2007/09/04 12:16:26 UTC

Re: NoClassDefFoundError, Tomcat isn't seeing JARs in webapps//lib?

hello,

> Here's my web.xml:
> @home:~/dev/tomcat/webapps/HelloWicket/WEB-INF$ cat web.xml
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC
>    "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
>    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
> <web-app>
>         <context-param>
>                 <param-name>configuration</param-name>
>                 <param-value>development</param-value>
>         </context-param>
>
>         <servlet>
>                 <servlet-name>HelloWicket</servlet-name>
>                 <servlet-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet
> </servlet-class>
>                 <init-param>
>                         <param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
>                         <param-value>mypackage.HelloWicketApp</param-value>
>                 </init-param>
>                 <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
>         </servlet>
>
>         <servlet-mapping>
>                 <servlet-name>HelloWicket</servlet-name>
>                 <url-pattern>/helloWicket/*</url-pattern>
>         </servlet-mapping>
> </web-app>

your web.xml is a bit different from the Wicket HelloWorld example
http://wicket.apache.org/examplehelloworld.html

did you try with:
<servlet-class>wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet</servlet-class>
??
and did you follow this tutorial??

Re: NoClassDefFoundError, Tomcat isn't seeing JARs in webapps//lib?

Posted by Ghodmode <gh...@ghodmode.com>.
On 9/4/07, reno <re...@free.fr> wrote:

> hello,

your web.xml is a bit different from the Wicket HelloWorld example
> http://wicket.apache.org/examplehelloworld.html
>
> did you try with:
> <servlet-class>wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet</servlet-class>
> ??
> and did you follow this tutorial??

Hi Reno.  Thank you for your reply.  Actually, I followed this tutorial:
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/newuserguide.html  In spite of the small note
that it's a little outdated and incomplete, it has had some updates which
reflect differences in the latest version of Wicket.

The package for the current version of WicketServlet is
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet.  However, I used the
servlet-class you recommended when I used the older version, 1.2.6.  I still
didn't have any luck.

The only other difference I can see is the development configuration
parameter.  I don't think that would affect Tomcat's initial loading of the
classes.

Thank you,
    Vince