Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/08 21:03:53 UTC

[BOARD][REPORT] Proposed report

Here is the report I plan on submitting to the board tomorrow;
feedback is welcome :-)
The mission of Apache Commons is the creation and maintenance of Java focused
reusable libraries and components

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Commons was founded 2007-06-19 (14 years ago)
There are currently 149 committers and 40 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:2.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Romain Manni-Bucau on 2020-09-01.
- No new committers. Last addition was Peter Lee on 2020-03-13.

## Project Activity:
Apache Commons released three (3) components during this reporting period:

- LANG-3.12.0 was released on 2021-03-01.
- NET-3.8.0 was released on 2021-02-19.
- DAEMON-1.2.4 was released on 2021-01-21.

## Community Health:
We see PRs on GitHub regularly opened and usually processed by the team on a
timely basis. The mailing list activity feels moderate. The general attitude
feels cooperative and friendly.