Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brad Nicholes <BN...@novell.com> on 2004/08/16 22:58:15 UTC

Where is the AJP code...

   The addition of the proxy_ajp module to the httpd project presents a
build problem.  The AJP module code exists in httpd/modules/proxy in the
httpd project but the AJP lib code still sits in the
jakarta-tomcat-connectors\ajp\ajplib\test in the jakarta project.  Is
the AJPLIB code going to be migrated to the httpd project?  Why is the
AJPLIB code in a test directory?

Brad

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.novell.com

Re: Where is the AJP code...

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 01:56 AM 8/17/2004, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>
>>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>>>I'm +1 for placing it in modules/proxy/ ... iff it will be maintained
>>>and kept up to date.
>>
>>+1
>

> Then let's go ahead, would you please commit the current flavor
> of the ajp sources to modules/proxy/  (not modules/proxy/ajp/)
> with a commit message to their official source location within
> jakarta-tomcat-connectors/ (the real location, not the temporary
> ajp/test/ajplib).

The real location has not been decided in jakarta-tomcat-connectors...
For the moment the ajplib files are in jakarta-tomcat-connectors/ajp/test/ajplib.

Re: Where is the AJP code...

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Re: Where is the AJP code...

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 03:58 PM 8/16/2004, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>
>>  The addition of the proxy_ajp module to the httpd project presents a
>>build problem.  The AJP module code exists in httpd/modules/proxy in the
>>httpd project but the AJP lib code still sits in the
>>jakarta-tomcat-connectors\ajp\ajplib\test in the jakarta project.  Is
>>the AJPLIB code going to be migrated to the httpd project?  Why is the
>>AJPLIB code in a test directory?
>

> I'm +1 for placing it in modules/proxy/ ... iff it will be maintained
> and kept up to date.

+1

> If not, assuming that lib location is wrong - it should become
> an autoconf option.

For the moment that would bring chicken/egg problems because the library needs a
configured httpd-2.x source tree to build.

> Can we trust that ajp lib c sources will be kept in sync?

I will try my best to synchronize both code locations.

Re: Where is the AJP code...

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.