Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Craig Hoffman <ch...@eclimb.net> on 2015/01/06 18:58:41 UTC

htaccess

Quick question: If put a .htaccess file in www.mydomin.com/8983/solr/#/ will Solr continue to function properly? One thing to note, I will have a CRON job that runs nightly that re-indexes the engine. In a nutshell I’m looking for a way to secure this area.

Thanks,
Craig
--
Craig Hoffman
w: http://www.craighoffmanphotography.com

Re: htaccess

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
Hi,

Your message seems quite confused (even the URL is not right for most
normal Solr setup), and it is not clear as to what you mean by "function
properly". Solr is a search engine, and has no idea about .htacess files.

Are you asking whether Solr respects directives in .htaccess files? I am
pretty sure that cannot be the case.

With regards to Solr security, it is again normally not a Solr concern.
Please start from https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrSecurity

No offence, but it seems that your real concerns might lie elsewhere.
Please take a look at http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem

Please do follow up on this list if your questions have not been addressed.

Regards,
Gora