Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by b b <he...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/19 00:18:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Prefilled forms

Greetings,
 I have recently installed apache/php on linux
(again). When I fillout a form, click submit and then
click back, the data that I attempted to submit
doesn't show, instead the form is blank. This only
happens with forms coming out of my apache servers (so
it can't be a browser setting). When I send this email
I could hit back and actually see the text I am typing
right now. On forms off my server if I click back I
see empty forms.

 Could have to do with the following portion of the
httpd.conf:
   # To enable the cache as well, edit and uncomment
the following lines:
    # (no cacheing without CacheRoot)
    #
    # CacheRoot "/usr/local/apache/proxy"
    #CacheSize 5
    #CacheGcInterval 4
    #CacheMaxExpire 24
    #CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
    #CacheDefaultExpire 1
#    NoCache a-domain.com another-domain.edu
joes.garage-sale.com

Re: [users@httpd] Prefilled forms

Posted by Jonas Eckerman <jo...@frukt.org>.
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:18:12 -0800 (PST), b b wrote:

> (again). When I fillout a form, click submit and then
> click back, the data that I attempted to submit
> doesn't show, instead the form is blank.

Apache is a web server, it just serves the pages. It doesn't care
what's in the pages (well... MIME magic stuff cares, but it only
reads part of the content, it doesn't write it).

> Could have to do with the following portion of the
> httpd.conf:
[Misc cache directives snipped.]

Highly unlikely.

Only if you use dynamic content without headers telling the cache not
to cache. And only if the cache is actually enabled, wich it isn't in
the conf you showed.

/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org