Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2013/11/26 18:20:24 UTC

Resigning as mentor of NPanday and also from the IPMC

Hi all

I've been one of the mentors of the NPanday podling since it began
incubation. As time has passed I am now the only mentor left.
Unfortunately I no longer have the time to mentor NPanday, and haven't
had for the past 6-8 months. Better to step down and let in some new
blood. So I hereby resign as mentor for the NPanday podling.

Since this is my only involvement in the incubator I also resign from
the incubator PMC.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Resigning as mentor of NPanday and also from the IPMC

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM, AKEHURST David
<Da...@uk.thalesgroup.com> wrote:
> Can one of us get on the IPMC and then be mentor for the project ?

That's not out of the question.  It doesn't happen very often, but not because
the path is particularly arduous -- it's that the IPMC tends to take notice of
people who are helping out podlings other than their own or helping out in the
Incubator at large, and not many people seem to do that while their podlings
are still in incubation.

Now, you have got a ringer in there -- Brett Porter is a member of the IPMC
already.  But Brett is also the current Chair of the ASF Board of Directors.
It's great that you have someone so experienced taking part as a contributor,
but Brett can't carry NPanday.  We already have a pretty good idea about
Brett; what remains to be seen is what the rest of you are capable of.

To get NPanday towards graduation, several of its community members will have
to acquire sufficient expertise in the loose collection of knowledge we call
the "Apache Way".  This is the same curriculum that IPMC members need to know,
just more thoroughly.  Here's a post with some tips on picking it up:
<http://s.apache.org/A5K>.

This is a great opportunity for people to step in and become primary
maintainers for an Apache project -- which is excellent experience, both
practically and in terms of your professional reputation.  Creating a useful
software product and getting it into the Incubator is no mean feat, and that's
all taken care of already.

Marvin Humphrey

Re: Resigning as mentor of NPanday and also from the IPMC

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Posted by AKEHURST David <Da...@uk.thalesgroup.com>.
Can one of us get on the IPMC and then be mentor for the project ?

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Posted by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>.
Hi Dennis

Thanks for your work in the past, and good look for the future.

Hereby I offer my help as a Mentor. But I would realy be lucky to have a
other, more experianced Mentor at my side.

Greetings Raphael

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.