Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/26 00:22:19 UTC

Replication test (2)

Hi,

I was thinking that it could be interesting to ask infra to install ADS
as a replica to the LDAP server they use (it will just be updated with
the modifications done ). We could then check regularly that both
servers are in sync.

thoughts ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Replication test (2)

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 3:52 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was thinking that it could be interesting to ask infra to install ADS as a
> replica to the LDAP server they use (it will just be updated with the
> modifications done ). We could then check regularly that both servers are in
> sync.
>
> thoughts ?

that will be a perfect setup, I have been looking for such a setup and
am willing to spare my time for setting this and maintaining
it, we can exclude sensitive information if needed by specifying a
suitable filter
but the question is will they agree? :)

--
Kiran Ayyagari