Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by sasidhar <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/18 07:14:25 UTC

IE6 issue with dropdowns

Hi,

In a web page,  when a menu / floating pane is displayed over a dropdown,
dropdown overlaps the menu / floating pane. This problem is observed only in
IE6 (works fine in IE7 and firefox)

Note  : i am using @propertySelection component. Tapestry version - 4.1.3.

Is there a way to workaround this?

Thanks in advance

sasidhar

RE: IE6 issue with dropdowns

Posted by Joe Trewin <jo...@canfactory.com>.
Another (nasty) way to work round this is to dynamically create an IFrame containing a document with the popup content - the IE dropdown controls are then correctly hidden.

I've done this before (a long time ago) so that some JS dynamically builds the IFrame and attaches the content nodes to it automatically, just for IE - I don't know if any JS framework provides this out-of-the-box.

(Incidentally, the problem stems from the fact that IE uses native windows controls for combo boxes.)

Re: IE6 issue with dropdowns

Posted by Dmitry Shyshkin <sh...@devoler.com>.