Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by B00083603 Michael O Brien <B0...@student.itb.ie> on 2016/07/07 12:20:15 UTC

Error installing Zeppelin 0.6.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 using pre build package

Hi all,

I was hoping to use Zeppelin for some data analysis but I'm having trouble installing it using the pre-built package.

I download the tar and extract to /usr/share/zeppelin so its /usr/share/zeppelin/zeppelin0.6.0/

I have default jdk installed and JAVA_HOME set as  /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64 by editing /etc/environment

java version "1.7.0_101"

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.6) (7u101-2.6.6-0ubuntu0.14.04.1)

When I run /bin/zeppelin-daemon.sh start it initially creates the log folders and reports
Zeppelin start                                             [  OK  ]
Zeppelin process died                                      [FAILED]

The log file zeppelin-username-computername.out just contains "Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.zeppelin.server.ZeppelinServer"

Any pointers on how I can get the pre-built zeppelin working?

Michael

ITB Email Disclaimer This is a confidential communication and is intended only for the addressee indicated in the message (or duly authorised to be responsible for the delivery of the message to such person). You are specifically prohibited from copying this message or delivering the same, or any part thereof, to any other person, whomsoever or howsoever, unless you receive written authorisation from us to do. If you are anyone other than the intended addressee, or person duly authorised and responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended addressee, you should destroy this message and notify us immediately.

Re: Error installing Zeppelin 0.6.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 using pre build package

Posted by B00083603 Michael O Brien <B0...@student.itb.ie>.
I used the tar file from zeppelin but now you mention it I realised I used the "wrong" one

After getting the  zeppelin-0.6.0-bin-all.tgz

instead (and swapping over to Oracle JDK in the meantime) I have zeppelin web UI

Thanks for the help

Posted by Hyung Sung Shim <hs...@nflabs.com>.
Hi.