Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Roger Laenen <ro...@telenet.be> on 2009/06/18 09:44:05 UTC

JSF 'blockinput' component

Hello,

I've made a custom facelets component that simulates 'cell/block based' input like you find on official input forms.
This type of input field can be useful in some specific situations.
We use it for a bankaccount field with specific formatting and validation.
You can find binaries and svn-trunk on http://code.google.com/p/blockinput
An example app is also included.

I thought it would maybe be interesting for inclusion in tomahawk.
If there is any interest, let me know.

grtz,

Roger.

Re: JSF 'blockinput' component

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Checking the code, the component does not have any facelets-specific, like a
custom tag handler or something like that. With our builder plugin we can
generate the tag class to use it in jsp.

regards

Leonardo Uribe

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roger Laenen <ro...@gmail.com>.
Ok, no problem.

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Roger Laenen <ro...@gmail.com>.
No, currently it's one char per cell. This was sufficient for our
requirements.

jankeesvanandel@gmail.com wrote:
> It sure looks nice!
>
> Does it also support multiple characters in a single cell? Like
> [1234]-[5678]-[9012]-[3456]? I have a requirement like that in my
> current project (has to do with a Dutch payment method).
>
> I think it would fit in Tomahawk nicely. Would need some enhancements
> (like JSP support) though, but it for sure is a good start!!
>
> /Jan-Kees
>

> On Jun 18, 2009 3:53pm, Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yep, GPL might be a problem. Easiest think might be to switch to
> >
> > ASF-license prior to donating this bit.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Manfred
> >

> > On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 15:46, Cagatay
> Civicicagatay.civici@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Looks nice but not sure about the license.

> based'

> situations. We use

> http://code.google.com/p/blockinput

Re: Re: JSF 'blockinput' component

Posted by ja...@gmail.com.

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roger Laenen <ro...@gmail.com>.
License can be changed. I just took LGPL but Apache license is no problem.

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.