Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/14 04:37:02 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Welcoming two new Spark committers: Tom Graves and Prashant Sharma

Hi folks,

The Apache Spark PPMC is happy to welcome two new PPMC members and committers: Tom Graves and Prashant Sharma.

Tom has been maintaining and expanding the YARN support in Spark over the past few months, including adding big features such as support for YARN security, and recently contributed a major patch that adds security to all of Spark’s internal communication services as well (https://github.com/apache/incubator-spark/pull/120). It will be great to have him continue expanding these and other features as a committer.

Prashant created and has maintained the Scala 2.10 branch of Spark for 6+ months now, including tackling the hairy task of porting the Spark interpreter to 2.10, and debugging all the issues raised by that with third-party libraries. He's also contributed bug fixes and new input sources to Spark Streaming. The Scala 2.10 branch will be merged into master soon.

We’re very excited to have both Tom and Prashant join the project as committers.

The Apache Spark PPMC

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Welcoming two new Spark committers: Tom Graves and Prashant Sharma

Posted by Evan Chan <ev...@ooyala.com>.
Congrats!

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 9:21 PM, karthik tunga <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Congrats Tom and Prashant :)
>
> Cheers,
> Karthik
> On Nov 13, 2013 7:37 PM, "Matei Zaharia" <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> The Apache Spark PPMC is happy to welcome two new PPMC members and
>> committers: Tom Graves and Prashant Sharma.
>>
>> Tom has been maintaining and expanding the YARN support in Spark over the
>> past few months, including adding big features such as support for YARN
>> security, and recently contributed a major patch that adds security to all
>> of Spark’s internal communication services as well (
>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-spark/pull/120). It will be great to
>> have him continue expanding these and other features as a committer.
>>
>> Prashant created and has maintained the Scala 2.10 branch of Spark for 6+
>> months now, including tackling the hairy task of porting the Spark
>> interpreter to 2.10, and debugging all the issues raised by that with
>> third-party libraries. He's also contributed bug fixes and new input
>> sources to Spark Streaming. The Scala 2.10 branch will be merged into
>> master soon.
>>
>> We’re very excited to have both Tom and Prashant join the project as
>> committers.
>>
>> The Apache Spark PPMC

Evan Chan
Staff Engineer
ev@ooyala.com  |

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Welcoming two new Spark committers: Tom Graves and Prashant Sharma

Posted by Rohit Rai <ro...@tuplejump.com>.
Congratulations Tom and Prashant! :)

*Founder & CEO, **Tuplejump, Inc.*
____________________________
www.tuplejump.com
*The Data Engineering Platform*

Posted by Tom Graves <tg...@yahoo.com>.
Congrats Prashant and thanks everyone.

Tom

Posted by Marek Kolodziej <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prashant Sharma <sc...@gmail.com>.
Hey Marek,

Posted by Prashant Sharma <sc...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Tom, and thanks a lot everyone and especially all the
voters.

Posted by Andy Konwinski <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marek Kolodziej <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by karthik tunga <ka...@gmail.com>.