Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Thomas Schröter <t....@gmx.com> on 2003/01/28 21:50:56 UTC

Axis problem!

Hi all,

I am getting the following error when I am trying to run my application:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/client/Service

But I put all the jars in the <axis home>/lib directory on the classpath.
The example in <axis home>/samples/userguilde/example1 works fine if I uncomment the package-comment
and compile the TestClient.java only and run this application with:

java TestClient

But my application, which is located in a jar file doesn't find the Service-Class. If
I start the application using the following command:

java -jar application.jar

I am getting an Exception:

NoClassDefFoundError-Exception.

For a test I've created two classes:

Main.java:

package test.app;

import test.app.Remote;

public class Main {
        Remote remote = new Remote();
    }
}

Remote.java:

package test.app;

import org.apache.axis.client.Call;
import org.apache.axis.client.Service;

class Remote {
    public Remote() {
        Service service = new Service();
    }
}

and a Manifest.mf-File:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Main-Class: test.app.Main
Created-By: Thomas Schröter, t.schroeter@gmx.com

Now, I've compiled this with:

javac -sourcepath src\ -d build\ src\test\app\Main.java
jar cvfm test.jar src\Manifest.mf -C build\ .

If I start the application with:

java -jar test.jar I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/client/Service

Can anyone help me in this case ?

Regards,
Thomas Schröter