Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/05 18:37:45 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Storm 0.9.4 / 0.10.0

I’d like to start a discussion for releasing 0.9.4 (maintenance release) and 0.10.0 (security release).

0.9.4 is basically a branch of 0.9.3 with two important bug fixes:

	STORM-329: fix cascading Storm failure by improving reconnection strategy and buffering messages
	STORM-130: Supervisor getting killed due to java.io.FileNotFoundException: File '../stormconf.ser' does not exist.

Both are long-standing bugs that have proven problematic for many users. I’d be in favor of releasing 0.9.4 with just those two fixes, but I’m interested in finding out if anyone thinks there are additional patches to master that should be considered for 0.9.4.

0.10.0 is a much larger release in terms of changes. In addition to the changes above, it includes all the new security features and numerous fixes and enhancements (see the CHANGELOG in the master branch for a full list).

Do we feel 0.10.0 is ready for release? If not what outstanding bugs/patches should we consider before releasing?

I’m fine holding off on a 0.10.0 release if we feel there is additional work to be done, but I’d like to at least move forward with 0.9.4 release.

Thoughts?

-Taylor

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Storm 0.9.4 / 0.10.0

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.
Sorry for the late reply. I am +1 on releasing 0.9.4 . For 0.10.0 I would like to include this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-617

Thanks,
Harsha

On March 11, 2015 at 1:52:02 PM, P. Taylor Goetz (ptgoetz@gmail.com) wrote:

Sorry for the late reply. I am +1 on releasing 0.9.4 . For 0.10.0 I would like include this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-617

Thanks,
Harsha

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Storm 0.9.4 / 0.10.0

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.
Hi,
        For storm 0.10.0 please add if you want any JIRAs that should be included.
I want to include https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-617

Thanks,
Harsha

Posted by Derek Dagit <de...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
I appreciate it,
 --
Derek

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Derek. Noted.

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.
Taylor,

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by T B <th...@arcor.de>.
+1 for releasing 0.9.4

Posted by Richard Kellogg <rm...@comcast.net>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Parth Brahmbhatt <pb...@hortonworks.com>.
I agree with Richard, in addition I think we should also include
https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/437 once Nathan is on board with the
changes.

Thanks
Parth