Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by gortiz <go...@pragsis.com> on 2014/10/15 13:55:48 UTC

Error executing job in YARN. Exception Shell$ExitCodeException

I'm trying to execute a work in YARN but I get an error. I have checked
the yarn-site.xml, the classpath seems to be alright.
I read https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-1473 as well, but it
didn't work to me either.

Container for appattempt_1413373500815_0001_000002 exited with exitCode:
1 due to: Exception from container-launch:
org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException:
org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException:
     at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:511)
     at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:424)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:656)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.DefaultContainerExecutor.launchContainer(DefaultContainerExecutor.java:195)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:300)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:81)
     at
     at
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

What else could it be happened?
AVISO CONFIDENCIAL\nEste correo y la información contenida o adjunta al mismo es privada y confidencial y va dirigida exclusivamente a su destinatario. Pragsis informa a quien pueda haber recibido este correo por error que contiene información confidencial cuyo uso, copia, reproducción o distribución está expresamente prohibida. Si no es Vd. el destinatario del mismo y recibe este correo por error, le rogamos lo ponga en conocimiento del emisor y proceda a su eliminación sin copiarlo, imprimirlo o utilizarlo de ningún modo.\nCONFIDENTIALITY WARNING.\nThis message and the information contained in or attached to it are private and confidential and intended exclusively for the addressee. Pragsis informs to whom it may receive it in error that it contains privileged information and its use, copy, reproduction or distribution is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this E-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, reta
 in or redistribute any portion of this E-mail.

Re: Error executing job in YARN. Exception Shell$ExitCodeException

Posted by Girish Lingappa <gl...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Goritz

 It is most likely a failure of the application you are trying to run and
you can find the exact cause of failure in your logs. To find these logs
check your yarn-site.xml for *yarn.log-aggregation-enable.*

If *yarn.log-aggregation-enable *is set to true then your logs should be on
hdfs under /<BASE_DIR>/<user-who-ran-this>/<application-id> where
<BASE_DIR> is defined in property *yarn.nodemanager.remote-app-log-dir, *again
in yarn-site.xml

If *yarn.log-aggregation-enable *is disabled try looking for the logs under
each nodemanager that ran the tasks. The location for this local dir is
configured as property *yarn.nodemanager.log-dirs *in yarn-site.xml

It is also possible to check these logs on the RM UI, and the URL to track
is shown when you launch this application.

Thanks
Girish

Posted by Girish Lingappa <gl...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Goritz