Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Tom Burton-West <tb...@umich.edu> on 2013/06/11 19:36:06 UTC

Solr field-collapsing should be able to use Lucene's BlockGroupingCollector

In Lucene it is possible to use the BlockGroupingCollector  for grouping in
order to take advantage of indexing document blocks (
IndexWriter.addDocuments()<http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_3_0/core/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriter.html?is-external=true#addDocuments%28java.lang.Iterable%29>
).   With SOLR-3076 and SOLR-3535, it is possible to index document blocks.
  I would like to have an option to use the BlockGroupingCollector with
Solr field-collapsing/grouping.    Should I open a JIRA issue, or is there
something that would prevent using Lucene's BlockGroupingCollector with
Solr?

Tom