Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org> on 2005/09/20 10:21:52 UTC

Q3 Board Report Draft

This is the Draft I extracted from my notes. Please comment, point to
any error or omission, etc., ASAP, as we are a bit late for posting it
for the Board meeting.

Q3 Report Draft

Executive Summary

Relatively quiet quarter. Bug fixing, user questions, etc. Mostly
business as usual.

General Progress

Two Google "Summers of Code" grants, one in WSRP4J, mentored by Julie
MacNaught, another one in Jetspeed, mentored by Santiago Gala. Rising
activity in Pluto, with two new committers voted and 1.0.1-rc4 candidate
release.
Jetspeed uses pluto-1.0.1-rc4 now, we were using a snapshot build due to
the need of a bug fix until rc4 was released.
Graffito (incubating) and latest Jetspeed-2 HEAD are in sync again,
after some changes in Jetspeed broke the integration.

Releases

pluto 1.0.1-RC4 was released Aug 9, and 1.0.1 is about to be released.
The 1.0.1 release is the HEAD of the development, and just includes
bugfixes on the 1.0 implementation. A code refactoring is under a 1.1
branch, that will be released after 1.0.1, when developers are satisfied
with the results.

Open Issues

WSRP4J has a test migration to svn, pending tests and a "go" for infra
to move it.
The IP policy in Oasis issue around the WSRP standard is about the only
remaining issue holding WSRP4J from a graduation from incubator.

Changes in Committership

Two new committers (just voted in) in Pluto, pending our request for
CLA/infra:
Ulrich Kuester
Zheng Zhong

Changes in PMC membership