Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Dees, Ian (GE Healthcare)" <Ia...@ge.com> on 2007/03/02 17:17:04 UTC

Easily List Dependencies for New Plugin?

Hi List,

I am trying to update our in-house repository with the new Surefire 2.3
plugin. I'd like to make sure all of the Surefire dependencies are
available, too.

Is there a way to automatically "mirror" repo1 to a local server without
manually checking for the 2.3 dependencies?

-Ian

Re: Easily List Dependencies for New Plugin?

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <t....@gmail.com>.
Proximity can help you to collect this kind of info.

For example, if you are interested in new surefire deps, use Proximity
search function, and enter Lucene query:

pom.deps:org.apache.maven.surefire

and it will list all artifacts that DEPENDS ON surefire.

Of course, all of this AFTER you have succesfully performed a build
using Proximity (to have index a repo filled up) as mirror WITH EMPTY
local repo.

You can use this info to collect and server artifacts with some other
"static" repo hosts (eg. apache) to your develpers.

Just to note, you can try it here:
http://proximity.abstracthorizon.org:12000/px-webapp/

But this instance is just for "demo" purposes, it is not used by
anybody to build, hence the previous query will not be accurate. And
search is still "incomplete" a bit.

Hope helps
~t~

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.