Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jost Boekemeier <Jb...@inetsoftware.de> on 2003/11/13 08:53:43 UTC

Where do we find the tomcat changelog?

[#7912]

It seems that tomcat does not maintain a changelog (I've looked at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/?only_with_tag=TOMCAT_4_1_9
but could not find any).

Which change between Release 4_1_9 and 4_1_7 could cause that an incorrect
mime type is send back to the client?

We call setContentType("application/XXX") and receive application/XXX;
charset=YYYY back from tomcat.

I am quite sure this is a bug; tomcat may not freely change the content type
especially if it starts with application/.

>>However, jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27  should fix this problem.  I have tested
>>with the stock download version4.1.27  on a RH9 machine with the same JVM.

>Changing to jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27  from the current stable release 4.1.29
>solved the problem. Thanks, now I can carry on with my testing.

Jost
[P.S.: Yes, I could do a cvs diff, but the computer I am currently sitting
at does not have cvs access...]