Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Barak Simon <ba...@db.com> on 2004/07/26 01:30:01 UTC

Trying to Install/Build log4cxx on Solaris

Hi,
I am trying to install log4cxx on Solaris, but get a great number of errors while running autogen.sh

The first error I get is:
ERROR: Reading inserted file: No such file or directory
autom4te: /usr/local/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1

and it is being generated while "aclocal" is being invoked.

I have re-installed all the latest versions of autoconf (2.59), automake (1.8.5), libtool (1.5.6) & m4 (1.4.1)
into a local directory and use them (BTW - it seems from the error message that m4 is searched in /usr/local/bin, despite the fact that my path is explicitly pointed to my local m4 version).

I gather from the release notes that version 0.9.7, though not tested on Solaris, can be compiled on it - is this correct?
If so, what could I be doing wrong?
PS - I would be happy to use a pre-prepared configure file for Solaris if someone has one :)

Many thanks,
Barak

RE: Trying to Install/Build log4cxx on Solaris

Posted by Jwahar Bammi <ba...@memento-inc.com>.
I have been compiling log4cxx for the past few versions on solaris with
gcc/g++ (don't have sun cc). Attach to this message are my configure,
config.status and config.log files. If I can help is some other way let me
know

Jwahar Bammi
Memento, Inc.
bammi@memento-inc.com

[...]