Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by vipul jhawar <vi...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/21 16:42:12 UTC

coprocessor cause 100% cpu

Hi

Have noticed a pattern that which caused the co processor to spike the
regionserver cpu to 100% over time.
If we end up issuing a query thru kylin which may involve a scanning a lot
of data assuming multiple days with multiple filters for many dimensions in
which case it has to scan a large number of rows and if it doesnt return in
the required rpc timeout then the client does get an error message with the
exception, but on the regionserver we see no end to processing and it
ultimately hogs the regionserver.

Are there any configs on the coprocessor which can be configured to say
that if the processing is not completed in N time, then simply timeout as
that way we can look at the queries later but avoid cpu spike as it makes
the cluster unusable.

Thanks

Re: coprocessor cause 100% cpu

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Despite the great finding on fuzzy filter, there has to be a protection
mechanism to prevent coprocessor from exhausting mem or cpu of region
server after client timeout.  Marking a JIRA for this.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-1050

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by vipul jhawar <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by vipul jhawar <vi...@gmail.com>.