Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org> on 2002/04/30 17:44:43 UTC

[INFO] Quick start application template

Hi, Cocooners!

I've commited a "Quick Start" or "Starter Point" application template that
can be used for a very minimal Cocoon build.

It consists of a very simple sitemap: just a couple of matchers for: *.xml,
*.xsp and *.html, a simple directory structure, a readme.html and for
convenience an XML Spy project.

I see the minimal Cocoon WAR like this:

/cocoon
    /myapp
        /xml
        /xsp
        /xsl
        sitemap.xmap
        readme.html
    /WEB-INF ...
    /system ...
    sitemap.xmap
    welcome.xml

And have a link on welcome.xml to 'myapp/' saying: "Start developing with
Cocoon".

I think that minimal needed features for this kind of application would be
XML generation from file, XSP, XSLT transformation and HTML serialization.

I don't say: "any comments are welcome", cause I'm offline until the 13th of
May, so don't make comments, but modify it as needed.

Diana, now you can start editing the readme.html as we've discussed.

Regards,
  Konstantin Piroumian
Konstantin Piroumian
Lead Developer