Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Craig O'Brien <cr...@dynamic-apps.com> on 2001/04/23 20:21:46 UTC

RE: seems as though a servlet engine would have a little clearer documentation on getting servlets running

Just call your servlet as  http://hostname/servlet/yourservletname

Perhaps simpler then you thought. You will never call the WEB-INF directory
in a url. That is for internal routing.  You didn't tell apache to route to
a WEB-INF directory did you?

If that doesn't work simplify more and call
http://hostname:8080/servlet/yourservletname that will bypass mod_jk.  If
that isn't working your servlet is not placed correctly or you are missing
the servlet.jar.  Put your servlet in the same directory that you find
snoopServlet.

Regards,
Craig