Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2009/07/22 17:11:14 UTC

[ACUS] Fwd: Lucene Agenda

Please note below.

We need abstracts ASAP for those five talks listed, plus we need bios
for Ted and Andrzej.  Please login to the CMS and fill out your bio if
you haven't already.

Please reply on general@l.a.o with your abstract today or tomorrow at
the latest.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Noirin Shirley <no...@apache.org>
> Date: July 22, 2009 6:59:16 AM EDT
> To: planners-2009-us@apachecon.com, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org
> >
> Subject: Re: Lucene Agenda
>
> Grant,
> Since you're the co-ordinator from Lucene's side, you should really
> join planners please. Let me know if you have any technical
> difficulties.
> Have all of these speakers been notified/have they accepted?
>
> In terms of publishing the schedule, we really need to have both bios
> and abstracts ASAP - ideally today, tomorrow is acceptable, anything
> beyond Thursday is starting to get problematic. I don't mind if there
> are one or two missing, but it seems like more than half of these
> don't have abstracts.
>
> The sessions I need abstracts for are:
> Intro to the Lucene Ecosystem  (Grant Ingersoll)

Lucene has grown immensely from its early days as a pure search
library in Apache Jakarta to an Apache top level project  encompassing
a variety of tools aimed at solving problems related to structured and
unstructured data.  In this overview talk, Lucene PMC Chair Grant
Ingersoll will introduce each of the tools and provide use cases and
information on getting started using the Lucene ecosystem.

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search

Re: [ACUS] Fwd: Lucene Agenda

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I filled out a bio.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve

Re: [ACUS] Fwd: Lucene Agenda

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: We need abstracts ASAP for those five talks listed, plus we need bios for Ted

FWIW: I was planning on tweaking the abstract/title of Solr OOTB to be
more focused on the demo (and less on the intro to Solr) but even knowing
what changes i have in mind for the talk, i can't think of any better
wording for the abstract then what i used last year (and should be the
same in the CFP from this year, but i can't get to that) ...

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/apachecon2008us/ootb/abstract.txt

: > And finally, just a warning that the times listed on the wiki are not
: > the actual times for the presentation. I'll put them into the CMS with
: > the correct times - please let me know if anyone is particularly stuck
: > wrt a particular time.

Interesting.  Looking at the pieces of hte schedule that are already
online...

	http://www.us.apachecon.com/c/acus2009/schedule/days

...it looks like there are still 5 one hour sessions per day, but the
breaks have been moved arround and there is no gap for a keynote on
friday.

There is also one talk which is not on our list that has already been put
in a slot in the "Lucene track" on thursday afternoon...
	Apache POI recipes - Paolo Mottadelli
	http://www.us.apachecon.com/c/acus2009/sessions/286

-Hoss