Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Mark Hornstein <ma...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/01/19 23:15:37 UTC

Is their a conflict with MS Wordstarter 10

Hi Apache OrgThank you for your dedication and the people involved.I do plan on donating to help support great soft wares and writers and talent that you have.
My question is;   Is it necessary to UNINSTALL  MS Word Wordstarter 10  on my laptopand only have Apache 4.1.1  only. ? Will it cause CONFLICTS to have both ?  I plan on using exclusively the Apache word program.
I have been using only recently your software on my old IBM Thinkpad laptop, all seems to be well. There.
That system is on Windows XP Pro (Out dated) I was using MS windows 7 there. I completely uninstalled it there.
Thank you, I await your response.Sincerely,Mark Hornstein

Re: Is their a conflict with MS Wordstarter 10

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
On 01/19/2015 05:15 PM, Mark Hornstein wrote:
> Hi Apache OrgThank you for your dedication and the people involved.I do plan on donating to help support great soft wares and writers and talent that you have.
> My question is;   Is it necessary to UNINSTALL  MS Word Wordstarter 10  on my laptopand only have Apache 4.1.1  only. ? Will it cause CONFLICTS to have both ?  I plan on using exclusively the Apache word program.
> I have been using only recently your software on my old IBM Thinkpad laptop, all seems to be well. There.
> That system is on Windows XP Pro (Out dated) I was using MS windows 7 there. I completely uninstalled it there.
> Thank you, I await your response.Sincerely,Mark Hornstein

There should be no problem with having both installed.  The only issue
is which one will be the default app.  Installing OO will make it the
default, but that can be changed.

Re: Is their a conflict with MS Wordstarter 10

Posted by Carson Chittom <ca...@wistly.net>.
Mark Hornstein <ma...@yahoo.com.INVALID> writes:

> My question is; Is it necessary to UNINSTALL MS Word Wordstarter
> 10 on my laptopand only have Apache 4.1.1 only?

It is not necessary to uninstall the Word Starter Edition, no.  However,
since you said you'd only be using OpenOffice, is there a reason to keep
Word installed?

Re: Is their a conflict with MS Wordstarter 10

Posted by Urmas <da...@gmail.com>.
"Mark Hornstein":

> Is it necessary to UNINSTALL  MS Word Wordstarter 10  on my laptop

No, it is not necessary.
I would recommend you to keep it, as it will allow you to preview and print
DOC and DOCX documents without any formatting/feature loss. OpenOffice does
not support Word formats fully and most documents will appear differently
from what their author intended.

Re: Is their a conflict with MS Wordstarter 10

Posted by Jim Lee <ja...@optusnet.com.au>.
I have both programs in my lap top and have no problems. Jim Lee

Hi Apache OrgThank you for your dedication and the people involved.I do plan
on donating to help support great soft wares and writers and talent that you
have.
My question is;   Is it necessary to UNINSTALL  MS Word Wordstarter 10  on
my laptopand only have Apache 4.1.1  only. ? Will it cause CONFLICTS to have
both ?  I plan on using exclusively the Apache word program.
I have been using only recently your software on my old IBM Thinkpad laptop,
all seems to be well. There.
That system is on Windows XP Pro (Out dated) I was using MS windows 7 there.
I completely uninstalled it there.
Thank you, I await your response.Sincerely,Mark Hornstein

-----
No virus found in this message.