Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sander de Boer <sa...@list.eo.nl> on 2004/02/04 16:10:45 UTC

charset problem

Hello,

Since I have upgraded to tomcat 4.1.29(from 4.1.27) tomcat sets a default
charset(ISO-8859-1)

I set:
<% response.setContentType("audio/x-pn-realaudio"); %>
<%@page language="java" contentType="audio/x-pn-realaudio" %>

Tomcat gives:

I have also tried tomcat 4.1.30(alpha) but with the same problem.

So, what is the problem?

_
Sander

Re: charset problem

Posted by Michiel Meeuwissen <Mi...@omroep.nl>.
Sander de Boer <sa...@list.eo.nl> wrote:
> Since I have upgraded to tomcat 4.1.29(from 4.1.27) tomcat sets a default
> charset(ISO-8859-1)
>
> I set:
> <% response.setContentType("audio/x-pn-realaudio"); %>
> <%@page language="java" contentType="audio/x-pn-realaudio" %>
>
> Tomcat gives:
>
> I have also tried tomcat 4.1.30(alpha) but with the same problem.
>
> So, what is the problem?

Of course it should not really be a problem, because specifying the correct
charset when you are specifying the content type should be rather
straight-forward.

But I gather that you  want it _not_ to specify the charset because a
certain program (real-player) completely chokes in that?

To work around this kind of troubles I agree that it should be possible to
explicitely set the content type while explicitily _not_ setting the
charset.

Why is that not possible?

 Michiel

--