Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Carlo Sciolla <ca...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/09 10:25:41 UTC

[ANN] plan-maven-plugin v1.1 released

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce the availability of the Plan Maven Plugin v1.1 on
Central.

The Plan plugin unrolls the maven execution plan in the build logs, helping
you debugging complex build configurations with numerous profiles, plugin
executions and personal settings. It logs the active lifecycle and the list
of goals to execute, along with their eventual attached phase and execution
ID.

Source code <https://github.com/skuro/plan-maven-plugin>,
documentation<http://plan-maven-plugin.skuro.tk/>and issue
tracker <https://github.com/skuro/plan-maven-plugin/issues?state=open> are
on GitHub.

Any feedback highly appreciated,
Thanks,
c.

--
Carlo Sciolla

--==(A)==--
Linux User #372086
My personal blog: http://www.skuro.tk
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/skuro
 <http://twitter.com/skuro>Fork me on Github: http://github.com/skuro
<http://github.com/skuro>My LinkedIn profile:
http://nl.linkedin.com/in/carlosciolla
--==(A)==--

Product Lead at Backbase - Next Generation Portal Software for Financials &
Large Enterprises (http://www.backbase.com)

Re: [ANN] plan-maven-plugin v1.1 released

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Le jeudi 10 mai 2012 11:27:38 Carlo Sciolla a écrit :
> 2012/5/9 Ben Tatham <be...@nanometrics.ca>
>
> > Perhaps you could port this feature to be a patch to the
> > maven-help-plugin
> It's not the first time I get this suggestion, and it would indeed fit well
> in there. I'll reach out to the help plugin devs to see if they're
> interested into it.
>
> c.

yes, this is a good idea
please open a Jira issue http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPH and attach a
patch
I'll review and add it to the help plugin

Regards,

Hervé

Re: [ANN] plan-maven-plugin v1.1 released

Posted by Carlo Sciolla <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ben Tatham <be...@nanometrics.ca>.
Very cool, indeed.  With all the hype around Maven 3 having a built the
execution plan up front, I was surprised this feature wasn't included in
the maven-help-plugin (like effective-pom and effective-settings) or even
in mvn itself.

Perhaps you could port this feature to be a patch to the maven-help-plugin.

-Ben

Software Developer
Nanometrics Inc.
+1 613-592-6776 x254
http://www.nanometrics.ca

Re: [ANN] plan-maven-plugin v1.1 released

Posted by Carlo Sciolla <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,
> I would also strongly suggest using a Maven Site as that's IMHO common
> practice for plugins. Makes it easy to find info as all plugin sites
> are structured the same.
definitely good way...furthermore what exactly does the plugin print out
? What about a example output ?

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl-Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Re: [ANN] plan-maven-plugin v1.1 released

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
I would also strongly suggest using a Maven Site as that's IMHO common
practice for plugins. Makes it easy to find info as all plugin sites
are structured the same.

/Anders

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com>.
Hi Carlo,

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <ma...@swe-blog.net>.
Hi Carlo,

just had a look at your plugin. It is a great peace of software and will
help me a lot!

Bye,

Oliver