Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by dadade <de...@lmco.com> on 2006/09/29 04:50:09 UTC

Tomcat Integration

Hi,

I am new to Servicemix.  The architecture framework I am using is SOA.  I am
trying to integrate Servicemix with Tomcat.  I tried to follow the direction
on the Tomcat Integration document.  It seems like we need to use Maven 1.x
to build the war file.  I don't have Maven 1.x installed but have Maven
2.0.4 installed.  Is there a converted pom.xml that I can use to build the
war file with Maven 2.x?

Also, are there any WS-notification examples that I can deployed as web
service in Tomcat?  Any documentations on the examples?

I appreciate your help!

Re: Tomcat Integration

Posted by dadade <de...@lmco.com>.
Hi,

I see the Tomcat Integration page is updated :
http://servicemix.org/site/tomcat-integration.html.  Thanks.

I was able to deploy the war in tomcat.  However, when I run the "HTTP
Binding Example" stated in the Tomcat Integration page, I got an error.

I entered the name and click submit.  I got the following from Tomcat's log.
I am using Tomcat 5.5.17 and JDK 1.5.

ERROR - [HttpManagedServlet]           - Servlet.service() for servlet
HttpManagedServlet threw exception
com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxEOFException: Unexpected EOF in prolog
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,0]
        at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwUnexpectedEOF(StreamScanner.java:628)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.handleEOF(BasicStreamReader.java:2004)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.nextFromProlog(BasicStreamReader.java:1917)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.next(BasicStreamReader.java:1054)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.jaxp.XMLStreamHelper.copy(XMLStreamHelper.java:78)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.soap.marshalers.SoapWriter.writeContents(SoapWriter.java:198)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.soap.marshalers.SoapWriter.writeSimpleMessage(SoapWriter.java:113)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.soap.marshalers.SoapWriter.write(SoapWriter.java:82)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.http.processors.ConsumerProcessor.process(ConsumerProcessor.java:224)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.http.ManagedContextManager$MainProcessor.process(ManagedContextManager.java:116)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.http.HttpManagedServlet.service(HttpManagedServlet.java:85)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Any help is appreciate!  Also, I still cannot access some of the links on
the ServiceMix 3.0 User Guide:
http://servicemix.org/sm30ug/users-guide.html

Thanks

Re: Tomcat Integration

Posted by dadade <de...@lmco.com>.
Thanks for your response.

Re: Tomcat Integration

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Tomcat Integration

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The doc is a bit outdated.
You will find the sources in
  /examples/servicemix-web (in the binary dist)
  /samples/servicemix-web (in the source dist)

On 9/29/06, dadade <de...@lmco.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer.
>
> I just downloaded the latest ServiceMix 3.0 release (sources).  I tried to
> integrate ServiceMix with Tomcat.  I tried to follow the instructions on
> http://servicemix.org/site/tomcat-integration.html
>
> But when I unzip ServiceMix 3.0,  I can't find tooling/servicemix-web
> directory.  How do I create the war file and deployed in Tomcat? I am using
> Maven 2.0.4 for building.
>
> Thanks,
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > The servicemix-web examples in the distribution is
> > built using Maven 2.0.4, so you don't need maven 1.x.
> >
> > Examples documentation is available at
> > http://servicemix.goopen.org/sm30ug/4-examples.html
> >
> > On 9/29/06, dadade <de...@lmco.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am new to Servicemix.  The architecture framework I am using is SOA.  I
> >> am
> >> trying to integrate Servicemix with Tomcat.  I tried to follow the
> >> direction
> >> on the Tomcat Integration document.  It seems like we need to use Maven
> >> 1.x
> >> to build the war file.  I don't have Maven 1.x installed but have Maven
> >> 2.0.4 installed.  Is there a converted pom.xml that I can use to build
> >> the
> >> war file with Maven 2.x?
> >>
> >> Also, are there any WS-notification examples that I can deployed as web
> >> service in Tomcat?  Any documentations on the examples?
> >>
> >> I appreciate your help!
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Tomcat Integration

Posted by dadade <de...@lmco.com>.
Thanks for the pointer.

Re: Tomcat Integration

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The servicemix-web examples in the distribution is
built using Maven 2.0.4, so you don't need maven 1.x.

Examples documentation is available at
http://servicemix.goopen.org/sm30ug/4-examples.html

On 9/29/06, dadade <de...@lmco.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to Servicemix.  The architecture framework I am using is SOA.  I am
> trying to integrate Servicemix with Tomcat.  I tried to follow the direction
> on the Tomcat Integration document.  It seems like we need to use Maven 1.x
> to build the war file.  I don't have Maven 1.x installed but have Maven
> 2.0.4 installed.  Is there a converted pom.xml that I can use to build the
> war file with Maven 2.x?
>
> Also, are there any WS-notification examples that I can deployed as web
> service in Tomcat?  Any documentations on the examples?
>
> I appreciate your help!

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet