Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Ahmed Nader <ah...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/18 13:33:48 UTC

Java I/O exception

Hi,
I'm working on a project using flink with Spring boot, when i run the
application i get an exception:
Cannot determine the size of the physical memory for Windows host (using
'wmic memorychip'): Cannot run program "wmic": CreateProcess error=2, The
system cannot find the file specified

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "wmic": CreateProcess error=2, The
system cannot find the file specified.

However despite this exception the application runs normally and outputs
the desired result, so what does this exception mean and how can i solve it?
Thanks

Re: Java I/O exception

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
I quickly went through the code: Flink gathers some data about the
hardware available, like numberOfCPUCores / available physical memory.

Now the physical memory part is apparently only used for logging /
metrics display in the dashboard, so its not a problem that you got it,
it is simply not relevant for the computation. For clarification, this
exception was not propagated through Flink, but immediately catched and
logged.

The program that flink uses is not installed on your machine. As such
the (supposedly) simple fix is to install it, but I can't help you there.//