Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Alexander Denissov <ad...@pivotal.io> on 2014/09/12 00:58:14 UTC

Versioned RPMs feature (AMBARI-7257)

I noticed a commit today for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-7257 which is supposed to
enable handling of versioned RPMs.

Can anyone shed some light on the requirements, design and implementation
for this feature ? It might be useful not only for the HDP stack, and if
such, should probably be generalized, especially with the upcoming work to
support common services across stacks and stack families.

Alex.

Re: Versioned RPMs feature (AMBARI-7257)

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Nice to see this in BigTop. Adding Raja who's been looking at it. Would be
worth talking this through with respect to BigTop.

thanks
mahadev

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Versioned RPMs feature (AMBARI-7257)

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Good catch, Alexander!