Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us> on 2002/12/21 09:52:07 UTC

Re: Alternate DUMP format

Never mind my previous post, I was looking at incorrect data.

The answer is that binary data has a property of svn:mime-type =
application/octet-stream.

That will really help out.

--
David Wayne Summers          "Linux: Because reboots are for hardware upgrades!"
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us   PGP Key: http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/~david/pgp.txt

Re: Alternate DUMP format

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
David Summers wrote:

>Never mind my previous post, I was looking at incorrect data.
>
>The answer is that binary data has a property of svn:mime-type =
>application/octet-stream.

Not quite: it's assumed to be binary if the mime type isn't text/*. It's
perfectly OK to set the mime type to image/png, for example, and the
client will still treat it as binary. Look at

Look at libsvn_subr/validate.c: svn_mime_type_is_binary. You should just
use that function, because sometime in the future we'll have to be a bit
smarter about the mime types (because of such eminently "wise" decisions
as decidint that XHTML should be "application/xhtml+xml", even though
it's obviously text).