Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by hoboy2 <je...@novitek.dk> on 2016/01/25 12:30:09 UTC

EDI and EDIFACT supported in ofbiz

Maybe this mail will be double I am very sorry about that.

I am investigating the usage of edi/edifact in ofbiz.
Does ofbiz support them ?

Thanks

Re: EDI and EDIFACT supported in ofbiz

Posted by hoboy2 <je...@novitek.dk>.
Understood

Tks

Re: EDI and EDIFACT supported in ofbiz

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Nope

Jacques

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
We had started this improvement for some customer but isn't in the std.

You can check here :
http://addons.neogia.org/addons-12.04/flow-engine/0.2.7-12.04/

But it's old and not maintain .

Nicolas

Posted by "David E. Jones" <de...@me.com>.
> On 25 Jan 2016, at 03:30, hoboy2 <je...@novitek.dk> wrote:
>
> Maybe this mail will be double I am very sorry about that.
>
> I am investigating the usage of edi/edifact in ofbiz.
> Does ofbiz support them ?

If you need this for an existing OFBiz project and will implement something anyway take a look at the OAGIS services, there are some similarities in the data included (though the format/etc is totally different).

There is a component with a half dozen EDI integrations in the Moqui Ecosystem (see the mantle-edi repository). They are all X12 (not EDIFACT), but might be a useful reference and starter code. The Mantle data model (in the mantle-udm repository) is very similar to the OFBiz one, so you should be able to adapt the code without too much trouble.

Of course, EDI (and OAGIS for that matter) are huge specifications and the few of the hundreds of messages you support will vary widely in different business scenarios. The OFBiz OAGIS and mantle-edi messages may be completely different from the ones you need.

-David