Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/09 17:10:38 UTC

It is better to cut 4.8 release branch soon

As I told at the meeting, it seems to me that the great work that is doing
Ivan is really greater than what we were expecting when we decided to defer
4.8.

We don't really are in a hurry for the binary metadata stuff, so we can
defer to 4.9.

I think it is safer to cut the 4.8 release branch soon, cherry pick ongoing
patches from JV and Andrey.

The issue found from Ivan about possible data loss should be fixed as well.

Opinions?

Enrico
--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: It is better to cut 4.8 release branch soon

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Master is at 4.9.0-SNAPSHOT

Please remember to cherry pick to 4.8 all the blockers, anyway I will keep
an eye.

I would be useful to have a minimal doc about Stream Storage Server as we
are releasing it, and as far as I understand it will be used in the
upcoming Pulsar release so we will have users but we have no doc at all.

We need to also document the change from Andrey about ref counting

Enrico

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.