Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Willis <ti...@coderite.com> on 2000/04/12 17:24:34 UTC

conf files/Win32 install

Thanks everyone for helping me find the module file I was looking for, now I am still trying to get tomcat to communicate with apache... I have been following the instructions below.....

       * Edit /path/to/apache-1.3.9/conf/httpd.conf and add the
         following line at the end:

           Include /path/to/tomcat3.0/etc/tomcat.conf

       * For Win32 users, comment out the line containing libexec/mod_jserv.so
         and uncomment out the line containing modules/ApacheModuleJServ.dll.

       * It is also important to note that because Tomcat has a
         standalone HTTP server built in, it must be run on a
         different port than Apache.

My problem is, or rather, my question is, when I look at the apache httpd.conf file, I cannot find 'libexec/mod_jserv.so' or 'modules/ApacheModuleJserv.dll.'  I find several other .dll files, all commented out incidentally, and no libexec files.  I have already copied the mod_jserv.so file to the \modules folder for apache..

What am I missing or doing incorrectly?

Thanks in advance for your help/advice...

=================================
Tim Willis
IS Technician
Healthcare Solutions Group
Affiliated Computer Services, Inc.
tim@coderite.com

Re: conf files/Win32 install

Posted by Tim Willis <ti...@coderite.com>.
Thanks for everyone's help - got it up and working now just fine.  Now I'm
off to do some development, but I'm sure I'll have more questions as this is
my first attempt.

RE: conf files/Win32 install

Posted by Mark Wade <ma...@concentric.net>.