Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com> on 2006/10/25 20:46:42 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New Xalan 2.7.1 release is coming withe DOM Level 3 support

I opened discussion on DOM Level 3 support in Xalan-J, and there was no
negative discussion on that.
I also opened discussion on having a new release of Xalan, release 2.7.1
and there was no negative discussion on that.

 The Apache Xalan PMC  (Project Management Committee) has agreed to the DOM
Level 3 donation and to the 2.7.1 release with these votes:

Acceptance of DOM Level 3:
(no vote) Arun Yadav
+1 Brian Minchau
+1 Christine Li
+1 Dmitry Hayes
+1 Henry Zongaro
+1 John Gentilin
+1 Ramesh Mandava
+1 Santiago Pericas-Geertsen

2.7.1 release:
(no vote) Arun Yadav
+1 Brian Minchau
+1 Christine Li
+1 Dmitry Hayes
+1 Henry Zongaro
+1 John Gentilin
+1 Ramesh Mandava
+1 Santiago Pericas-Geertsen

Our charter requires 75% to pass these issues, and 7 of 8 is more than
that. So I'm pleased to announce that we will be including DOM Level 3
support in an upcoming 2.7.1 release.  Right now the approximate time frame
for the 2.7.1 release is late November 2006.

The Apache Xalan PMC voted on these issues. They voted on the mailing list
private@xalan.apache.org (previously known as pmc@xalan.apache.org).
Although voting was done in private, I checked with the PMC members that it
was OK if I made their votes public.  Of course if any one of them had said
that they didn't want their vote made public I would have asked for a new
vote on xalan-dev@xml.apache.org (a public mailing list).

for private or confidential issues.

Regards,
Brian Minchau