Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Madhav Bhargava <un...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/07 07:24:26 UTC

struts tiles and validator framework

Hi All,

I am using struts tiles for laying out all the pages. I am wondering how i
can use struts client validator framework with struts tiles.
The validation.xml file requires form name and then within the form tag we
define the individual fields along with the respective validations.

Since i am using struts tiles there is always going to be one form. How can
i then use these 2 together?

Any help/guidence will be appreciated.

~madhav

--
When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not
know it, but for the sake of defending those that do

Re: struts tiles and validator framework

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org>.
Madhav Bhargava ha scritto:
> Let me elaborate my problem and the reason i have posted this to this
> list:
>
> I am using tiles with JSF. So i have just one layout.jsp. This file
> has the
> <form> tag and other JSP's just get inserted into the respective place
> holders.
>
> All of this works just fine. The problem comes when i am trying to use
> Struts client side validator framework along with the combination of
> tiles +
> JSF. In the validator framework  - validation.xml file will require a
> form
> name and then all the fields and their respective validations.
>
> Will this mean that if there are 40 different forms that use the same
> layout
> tile will need to have fields uniquely named? I thought this was a big
> ask
> and therefore wanted to know how tiles and struts validator framework
> work
> together.

The problem is that the validator framework and Tiles do not work
together! You should see the validator framework as it works on the
composed page, and not on each "tile".
Anyway, even if you don't use validator, each field in an html form
should be uniquely named.

Does it answer your question?

Re: struts tiles and validator framework

Posted by Madhav Bhargava <un...@gmail.com>.
Let me elaborate my problem and the reason i have posted this to this list:

I am using tiles with JSF. So i have just one layout.jsp. This file has the
<form> tag and other JSP's just get inserted into the respective place
holders.

All of this works just fine. The problem comes when i am trying to use
Struts client side validator framework along with the combination of tiles +
JSF. In the validator framework  - validation.xml file will require a form
name and then all the fields and their respective validations.

Will this mean that if there are 40 different forms that use the same layout
tile will need to have fields uniquely named? I thought this was a big ask
and therefore wanted to know how tiles and struts validator framework work
together.

Thanks for the reply.

~madhav

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org>.